How Many Calories in Black Eyed Peas

admin November 8, 2012 0

Black eyed peas are available from various brands and the number of calories and nutritional value in each of these brands vary to some extent. The calorie content in black eyed peas available from few of the popular brands is discussed below in detail.

Black eyed peas available from Shurfine Markets are quite popular. Half a cup serving of Shurfine Markets contains 120 calories out of which 64% of the calories come from carbohydrates, 32% calories come from proteins and the remaining 4% calories come from fat. The total fat content in it is 0.5 gram, carbohydrate content in it is 16 grams and protein content is 8 grams.

Black Eyed Peas Calories

One forth cup of Market Pantry dry black eyed peas contain a total of 90 calories out of which 72% of the calories come from carbohydrates, 28% of the calories come from proteins and none of it comes from fat. The total carbohydrate content in it is 23 grams, protein content in it is 9 grams and sodium content in it is 15 mg.

Giant Eagle also offers black eyed peas. Half a cup of Giant eagle black eyed peas contains a total of 90 calories out of which 74% of the calories come from carbohydrates and the remaining 26% of the calories come from proteins. The total carbohydrate content in an equal serving of Giant Eagle black eyed peas is 17 grams and protein content in it is 6 grams.

Half a cup of Dakota’s Pride’s black eyed peas contains 100 calories out of which 70% of the calories come from carbohydrates, 25% calories come from proteins and the remaining 5% calories come from fat. On the other hand each serving of black eyed peas available from Lizard’s Thicket’s black eyed peas contains 120 calories out of which 66% calories come from carbohydrates, 28% calories come from proteins and the remaining 6% calories come from fat.

Leave A Response »